Christmas Ostuni 2022 events
At the opening of Christmas 2022 in Ostuni, on Sunday 5 December 2022, 2 events are scheduled
- Crochet Christmas tree installation.
- Street Magic Fantasy show
Crochet Christmas tree for Christmas 2022 in Ostuni
On the occasion of Christmas in Ostuni, Sunday 5 December 2022 in Piazza Italia there will be the installation of the Christmas tree made in crochet by the ladies of Ariadne's thread and association "Le Radici del Sud".
Street Magic Fantasy show
Also on December 5th there is another unmissable event, the "Street Magic Fantasy" show.
25 Disney characters loved by children will animate the streets of the town supported by a street band. The departure is scheduled from Piazza della Libertà at 18:30 with arrival in Viale Pola.
Christmas Ostuni 2022
On Monday 6 December 2022 the Christmas luminaries will be set up in Ostuni which will then be turned on with the video mapping show scheduled for 8 December 2022 in Ostuni in Piazza della Libertà.
The third edition of "Santa Claus comes from the sea" will be held from 8 December to 22 December 2022 at Villanova. During these days, children will be able to visit the small wooden house of Santa Claus decorated and set up at the Naval League of Villanova. On December 22nd Santa Claus will arrive by boat from Ostuni beach (Villanova).
From 21 to 23 December 2022 "The Magic of Christmas" event at the San Francesco Cloister.
Program and calendar of Christmas 2022 events in Ostuni
- December 17, 2022: Christmas under the stars. A Christmas dance show will be held in piazza della Liberta at 19:00. The exhibition is organized by the students of the "Free Talents" school. The event is free.
- From 18 December 2022 to 6 January 2022: there will be an exhibition of artisanal nativity scenes, at the San Francesco Cloister.
- December 19, 2022: street artists festival. At Viale Pola at 19:00 you will be able to see performances by many street artists.
- 21-22-23 December 2022: “The magic of Christmas” At the Cloister of San Francesco from 10:00 to 12:30 and from 15:00 to 21:00 you can visit the Christmas village. Everything will be festively decorated, with many artists and jugglers. Children can visit Santa's castle and deliver letters to the elves.
- December 22, 2022: At 5:30 pm Santa Claus will arrive by boat in the Port of Villanova. Santa Claus will deliver chocolates and candies to those who await him. The children can then give him the letters.
- December 26, 2022: at 21:00 there will be a gospel concert at the cathedral of Ostuni. Ella Amstrong will perform with other instrumentalists of the Italian Singer gospel.
Where to stay in Ostuni?
Ostuni, known in Italy as the white city for its characteristic historic center, has a wide range of events and shows to entertain visitors during the Christmas period. Both in the city center and in the surrounding areas, artistic and musical performances are held on weekends as a corollary of events that attract many citizens and tourists to the beautiful city on the edge of Salento. The Christmas lights, which trace the city paths to be traveled, the Christmas market, the rides and inflatables for the little ones, enrich the Christmas offer of Ostuense Christmas. The show of the dancing fountains a few days before Christmas and the Christmas market distributed in various areas of the city offer a wide choice for tourists looking for a Christmas atmosphere in one of the most beautiful cities in Puglia.
In the specific link that collects the best offers you can find:
- Ostuni accommodation accessible to disabled people
- Ostuni accommodation for exclusive private use
- Ostuni accommodation with indoor swimming pool
- Ostuni accommodation with jacuzzi
- Ostuni accommodation with wellness center and SPA services
- Ostuni accommodation with airport shuttle service
- Ostuni accommodation with pets
- Ostuni 5 star accommodation
List of accommodation in Ostuni
In the center of Ostuni, the Biancofiore B&B welcomes guests with a swimming pool and free Wi-Fi. Every morning guests are offered a buffet breakfast or a choice of à la carte. The B&B has a large garden and a sun terrace where you can enjoy the warm Apulian sun. The hotel offers a paid shuttle service to Brindisi Salento airport, which is about 40 km away. Monopoli is 34 km away and Polignano a Mare about 40 km away.
La Casa di Zio Piero is located in the historic center of Ostuni and welcomes its guests in a fully air-conditioned building with luxurious decorations. The entire structure is covered by Wi-Fi and the highlight of the house is the terrace with sea view. The house is equipped with a seating area, dining area, kitchenette and TV. A few minutes away you will find some of the most renowned restaurants in the city. The sea is only 10 minutes away by car and 20 km away you can visit the Torre Guaceto Nature Reserve. In just 30 minutes by car you can reach Brindisi Casale Airport.
The Relais Sant'Eligio is a hotel welcomes guests under the walls of Ostuni with its rooms that tastefully combine the luxurious atmospheres of the past with modern comforts to ensure the most comfortable stay. Visitors can enjoy free Wi-Fi, patio and terrace with spectacular views of the city, the surrounding countryside and the sea. The property's restaurant, the Hostaria Antica Posada, serves guests the best Mediterranean cuisine, with the best products of the region, accompanied by a refined cellar of Apulian and Italian wines. The Relais is located near one of the most beautiful and best preserved stretches of the Adriatic coast. The hotel offers guests transfer services to the airports of Bari and Brindisi or to the station of Ostuni.
In the heart of the historic center of Ostuni, the Alesia Luxury Cave accommodation welcomes you, offering air-conditioned accommodation with a private indoor pool. The property is housed in a perfectly restored and modernized 19th century building. Guests will have at their disposal an accommodation equipped with all comforts with sheets and towels included. The property is located 31 km from Torre Guaceto Nature Reserve and 49 km from Taranto Cathedral. The closest airport is Brindisi Casale, about 40 km away from the historic center.
Immersed in the countryside of Ostuni, about 4 km from the city center, Masseria il Frantoio is an organic farm that welcomes guests with free parking, excellent typical Apulian cuisine and a swimming pool with solarium in a large garden. The farm is equipped with an ancient 15th century oil mill where olives are still pressed to produce extra virgin olive oil. Masseria il Frantoio is surrounded by gardens of citrus and olive groves. The guest quarters are located in the perfectly restored 19th century main building, with finely furnished rustic rooms. The structure is fully furnished with period furniture and offers a library with over 1500 books and a free internet point. The Masseria il Frantoio has an internal restaurant that uses the internal courtyard of the farm to serve set menus based on typical regional specialties cooked with fresh seasonal products.
Masseria Ayroldi is located a few kilometers from the center of Ostuni, in the surrounding countryside, and offers one of the most characteristic solutions for tourists who want to stay near the town but in a classy rural setting. The masseria welcomes visitors with private parking, restaurant, seasonal outdoor swimming pool, free Wi-Fi, a bar, terrace, bicycle rental service and a large garden. All accommodations are air conditioned and every morning you can take advantage of the à la carte or Italian breakfast offered in the masseria. The Torre Guaceto Nature Reserve is about 30 km away, the Archaeological Museum of Egnazia and the San Domenico Golf club are 35 km away, the Brindisi airport is about 35 km away.